Sunday, November 23, 2008

Why I Love My Family

As you may know, H-Bomb is a cub scout. Well, he's a Webelo now actually. He loves scouting and he loves doing projects with his awesome crafty Daddy.

Tomorrow is the annual "Dad and Lad Cake Bake" contest for the scout pack. H-Bomb and Special K have done well in the past, though they have not won the overall prize yet. I know they want it bad!

This year's theme was announced: "Into the woods." They have both been thinking about it for a couple of days.

Special K came up with an idea for the cake today (during church mind you, but I'm not scolding) and he pitched it to the boy after we got home. His idea is to make what looks like a hollow log--using all edible materials of course--and to put inside the log, visible through a hole, a pretty little cupcake. It's witty, right? Into the woods!

So he sketched it showed the idea to H-Bomb. The boy thought it was exciting but he kept suggesting additions that sounded weird to his dad. "So this is the tree her mom is in and we maybe could see her inside this log, right? Or is this like the tall thing Repunzel is in"?

What?? Dad had a weird look on his face trying to process this.

Then the boy said, "Oh! Wait! I thought you meant the musical, Into the Woods!"

This is why I love my family! Thank God!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Fabulous!

I expect pictures just because I'm demanding like that.

Nancy said...

I read this post a few days ago and like Henry was also puzzled at K's suggestion. I just couldn't get the musical out of my mind. Of course that's what it meant!

Fast forward about 24 hours and I'm driving home (in the snow... yah!) and I finally got it.