Thursday, September 18, 2008

Less

This week we gave away a giant bag of clothing. It's all stuff that EK or I have kept around just in case we might have a reason to wear it....or to fit into it...or for it to come back in style. Meanwhile, the clothes we actually WEAR have to live much of their lives ignobly stuffed in a full closet or stacked on top of a full dresser.

The things I use and that work for me I will take good care. They will be shown kindness. The things I don't use are moochers living in my house past their welcome. They should leave.

4 comments:

WI_Dilettante said...

I keep telling all that stuff in my closet the same thing: "You guys really gotta get out of here." Nothing's budged. Maybe it's my tone of voice.

Shannon said...

Well done!

I still think those MC Hammer balloon pants Laurie made me dispose of will come back around again and I will be totally unprepared. Gallons of water, canned tuna, canned dog food, and those MC Hammer balloon pants would've had me covered for the coming depression.

Anonymous said...

Wanna come clean out my closet? I am not fitting into any of my fall clothes, and they are CUTE, I tell you.

sha said...

you're probably already reading this blog, but in case not, i think you'll like it!:
http://unclutterer.com/